SatService develops and manufactures different measurement equipment and software tools for satellite ground stations. This include our sat-nms Powersensor for different frequency bands, our carrier monitoring software and different modules for radiometers.
Please find below details about our products.
sat-nms PS Power Sensor
The sat-nms PowerSensor manufactured by SatService GmbH is a measurement tool that measures the RF output power of 14 or 6GHz satellite communication signals and provides this information both on a web page via an internal web server or as M&C output information for control systems.
The sat-nms Power Sensor enables the sat-nms software to perform a precise power measurement even if the monitored and controlled Satcom equipment like TWT or SSPA amplifiers or converters do not provide the necessary capabilities or do not have the accuracy. Applications that include a transmitting power control loop need to measure the transmitting amplifier output power. While many amplifiers provide a built-in power sensor with adequate accuracy and resolution, some low-cost models do not. This power sensor is intended to be a supplement to such amplifiers or transceivers.
- Small mechanical Dimensions
- Ethernet / TCP/IP Interface at the Power Sensor
- HTTP Web Browser Interface
- Unlimited Number of Clients possible
- Relay Contact Output for Level Alarm
- Each Power Sensor is electronically calibrated for Level and Temperature Linearity and therefore provides excellent Level Accuracy
- Power Measurements
- Pilot Measurement
- The Power Sensor can operate as a stand-alone solution or fits into the overall sat-nms Network Management System solution provided by SatService
sat-nms RMC und RMD Radiometer Controller and Detektor
Radiomters are used for the following applications:
- IOT (In-Orbit-Test) measurements of satellite communication payloads
- Long-term recording of propagation conditions
- Atmospheric attenuation measurement
- Water vapor content measurement
- Uplink power control
The radiometer type implemented is a noise balancing / noise injecting type of radiometer and includes all other additional functions necessary for a radiometer. These are, for example, the antenna control functionality for azimuth and elevation control of the radiometer antenna. By this means, also an automatic tip curve calibration is possible as well as automatic calibration with a cold load that is controlled via the radiometer controller. The complete high precision tempertaure control of the feed box inclduing the microwave and IF receiving system is performed via the software of the radiomter controller.
Customers can upgrade their existing radiometers with this controller in an easy way. It does not matter for which receiving frequency (for example 13,5GHz, 22GHz or 60GHz) the radiometer is built, as this controller interfaces on IF and control level to the radiometer frontend. That ist why the existing waveguide sections can be kept as they are.
The core of a radiometer is composed of two new modules of the sat-nms product family. On the one hand of the sat-nms RMC Radiometer Controller and on the other hand the sat-nms RMD Radiometer Detector Modules. These modules are developed and manufactured by SatService GmbH.
- Noise balancing/adding radiometer type
- High gain stability
- Receive frequency independent
- Univerdsal design
- Wide IF frequency inputrange
- Compact, small DIN rail compatible box
- TCP/IP based design
- HTTP web browser interface
- Integrated FTP server
- Full remote administration and support capability
One additional key feature of this radiometer controller, like in any other equipment belonging to the sat-nms family, is its full web- and ftp-server capability. It provides an Ethernet TCP/IP interface and includes a compact flash of 2GB for data logging purposes.
All measurement results and the monitoring parameter are available via HTTP web interface and via internal web server and can be monitord and controlled from a remote IOT software either via http get functions or via RS232 interface
sat-nms CSM Communication System Monitoring
The sat-nms CSM Communication System Monitoring Module for the sat-nms Network Management Software enables the operator to easily monitor the signal spectrum of defined satellite-links or -channels by means of a spectrum analyzer and to program a measurement sequence that verifies the levels of defined channels with cyclic measurements in the background. The sat-nms CSM Module can be integrated into a sat-nms NMS Network Management System or can be operated as a stand-alone program.
The sat-nms CSM System measures signal levels and signal/noise ratios by analyzing the spectrum measurements of one or several spectrum analyzers. Multiple channels will be measured within one spectrum analyzer sweep.
- Support for multiple Spectrum Analyzers
- Multiple Channels per Analyzer
- User-friendly graphical Interface
- Access to recent Spectrum Plots without interrupting the Measurements
- Channel History Chart displaying the stored Channel Levels
- Client-server-based Architecture with unlimited Number of Clients
With software controlled RF switches or the sat-nms LSW L-Band Switch in front of the spectrum analyzer, different antennas or frequency and polarization bands can be measured in one sequence. A huge advantage of the L-Band Input Switch compared to RF switches is its long loss-free switching life. For more details please refer to datasheet sat-nms LSW in the box at the right side.
With the measurement results, the software calculates the following downlink result values, taking into account the spectrum analyzers resolution bandwidth, the channel bandwidth and the calibration values stored in the system configuration. These results are as follows:
- C/N0: Ratio between average noise densities of the channel and noise reference measurement
- C/N: C/N0 value multiplied with the channel bandwidth
- EIRP: The satellite EIRP is estimated by multiplying the channel's average noise density with its bandwidth and then applying a calibration factor