SatService develops and manufactures different measurement equipment and software tools for satellite ground stations. This include our sat-nms Powersensor for different frequency bands, our carrier monitoring software and different modules for radiometers.
Please find below details about our products.
sat-nms PS Power Sensor
The sat-nms PowerSensor manufactured by SatService GmbH is a measurement tool that measures the RF output power of 14 or 6GHz satellite communication signals and provides this information both on a web page via an internal web server or as M&C output information for control systems.
The sat-nms Power Sensor enables the sat-nms software to perform a precise power measurement even if the monitored and controlled Satcom equipment like TWT or SSPA amplifiers or converters do not provide the necessary capabilities or do not have the accuracy. Applications that include a transmitting power control loop need to measure the transmitting amplifier output power. While many amplifiers provide a built-in power sensor with adequate accuracy and resolution, some low-cost models do not. This power sensor is intended to be a supplement to such amplifiers or transceivers.
- Small mechanical Dimensions
- Ethernet / TCP/IP Interface at the Power Sensor
- HTTP Web Browser Interface
- Unlimited Number of Clients possible
- Relay Contact Output for Level Alarm
- Each Power Sensor is electronically calibrated for Level and Temperature Linearity and therefore provides excellent Level Accuracy
- Power Measurements
- Pilot Measurement
- The Power Sensor can operate as a stand-alone solution or fits into the overall sat-nms Network Management System solution provided by SatService
sat-nms RMC und RMD Radiometer Controller and Detektor
Radiomters are used for the following applications:
- IOT (In-Orbit-Test) measurements of satellite communication payloads
- Long-term recording of propagation conditions
- Atmospheric attenuation measurement
- Water vapor content measurement
- Uplink power control
The radiometer type implemented is a noise balancing / noise injecting type of radiometer and includes all other additional functions necessary for a radiometer. These are, for example, the antenna control functionality for azimuth and elevation control of the radiometer antenna. By this means, also an automatic tip curve calibration is possible as well as automatic calibration with a cold load that is controlled via the radiometer controller. The complete high precision tempertaure control of the feed box inclduing the microwave and IF receiving system is performed via the software of the radiomter controller.
Customers can upgrade their existing radiometers with this controller in an easy way. It does not matter for which receiving frequency (for example 13,5GHz, 22GHz or 60GHz) the radiometer is built, as this controller interfaces on IF and control level to the radiometer frontend. That ist why the existing waveguide sections can be kept as they are.
The core of a radiometer is composed of two new modules of the sat-nms product family. On the one hand of the sat-nms RMC Radiometer Controller and on the other hand the sat-nms RMD Radiometer Detector Modules. These modules are developed and manufactured by SatService GmbH.
- Noise balancing/adding radiometer type
- High gain stability
- Receive frequency independent
- Univerdsal design
- Wide IF frequency inputrange
- Compact, small DIN rail compatible box
- TCP/IP based design
- HTTP web browser interface
- Integrated FTP server
- Full remote administration and support capability
One additional key feature of this radiometer controller, like in any other equipment belonging to the sat-nms family, is its full web- and ftp-server capability. It provides an Ethernet TCP/IP interface and includes a compact flash of 2GB for data logging purposes.
All measurement results and the monitoring parameter are available via HTTP web interface and via internal web server and can be monitord and controlled from a remote IOT software either via http get functions or via RS232 interface